Old World Tuscany!! One of my favorite wine regions!! A little bit of history before we dive in to the details of what to expect. (The pic is our group…. about ready to enjoy a meal in Ricasoli Castle!)
- On average Italy is the world’s largest producer of wine over the last decade.
- Italy is easily the top exporter of wine in the world
- Tuscan wine can be traced back to the 8th century BC!!! Do you think they know how to make vino!!!
- Two regions within Tuscany really roar! Brunello di Montalcino and Chianti Classico
- Brunello is the name of the local Sangiovese grape varietal that is grown around the village of Montalcino. Higher elevations, drier soil yield a wine that is rich and smooth… Tough to beat a Brunello!
- Chianti Classico is the original Chianti region in central Tuscany. Since 1996 by law, these wines must have at…
View original post 344 more words