• 1 pound beef flank steak
• ¼ cup fish sauce
• ¼ lime juice
• 1 tablespoon kecap manis
• 3 tablespoons minced garlic
• 3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
• 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
• 1 tablespoon sesame oil
• 1 tablespoon chili oil
• ¼ cup chopped green onions
• ¼ cup chopped shallots
• ¼ cup thinly sliced onion
• 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
• ¼ cup sliced cucumber
• ¼ cup Thai chili peppers, sliced
• Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
• Grill beef to desired doneness, and allow to cool.
• While beef is cooling, stir together fish sauce, lime juice, kecap manis, garlic ginger, cilantro, sesame oil, and chili oil; mix in the green onions and shallots. Adjust seasoning to your taste.
• Cut beef into bite-sized pieces. In a large, bowl, toss with onion, tomatoes, cucumber, and chili peppers. Pour in the dressing, and toss to coat. © Recipe courtesy of Patnication at Allrecipes.com
MARCH WINE CLUB PAIRING:
SILKY WINE STYLE
These certified organic grapes come from the Hout Baai Farm in the McGregor mountain river valley, a ward of the Robertson wine valley, where in harmony with nature, a sanctuary for all wild creatures who by their presence create the balance that adds uniqueness to the viticulture. Years of nurturing the land and dedication to preserving it, have established an environment of value to the planet. This single vineyard wine is made with minimal interference, fermentation with natural and approved yeasts in stainless steel tanks. Maturation takes place for seven months on the lees in cement tanks, retaining the unique vineyard characteristics. The handcraft approach by human nature helps to add to the final balance of this unique product.
“On the nose, abundance of tropical fruit flavors, granadilla, kiwi fruit and guava with hints of lime and green citrus. On the palate, fruit lingers with a firm yet balanced acidity and the long lees contact giving the wine a beautiful creamy mouthfeel.” – Lourens Van Der Westhuizen, Winemaker
Winemaker: Lourens Van Der Westhuizen
Appellation: Robertson, South Africa
Varietal: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
Analysis: 13.72% alcohol / volume
Critical Acclaim: Reviewed & approved by Doug Frost, Master Sommelier and Master of Wine.
Join our WINE CLUB and enjoy these amazing wines and pairing recipes each month. Plus, you’ll receive 10% off all retail wine purchases, 4 free tasting tickets and special discounts to attend wine tasting events, classes and more!