BUBBLY WINE STYLE
Demi-Sec was the most popular style of Champagne in the 18th century. Laurent-Perrier continues to make this authentic style with the same pride and care as the rest of their Laurent-Perrier wines.
The Harmony Demi-Sec wine is rich, golden-yellow in color. The nose is robust and expressive, it opens with aromas of candied fruit, almonds and hazelnuts, followed by notes of fresh brioche. Rich on the palate, this Demi-Sec is full-bodied and generous with an elegant, clean finish.
Analysis: 12% alcohol / volume
Varietal: 45% Chardonnay, 40% Pinot Noir, 15% Pinot Meunier. More than 55 crus with an average ration of 94% are used in the Demi-Sec base wine blend. Between 10-20% of reserve wines are used to ensure perfect consistency.
Vinification and Aging: Following a minimum of three years of cellar aging, Demi-Sec receives a dosage of 45 grams of sugar per liter dissolved in wine from the same cuvée. The dosage level results in a Demi-Sec that is pleasantly sweet without being cloying.
Serving Temperature: Serve between 43ºF and 46ºF
Food Pairing: Rich desserts, especially cakes and tarts
- Wine & Spirits – 91 Points
BUBBLY WINE STYLE
Launched in 1959 by Bernard de Nonancourt, Grand Siècle is Laurent-Perrier’s prestige cuvée and the epitome of the art of blending. Grand Siècle’s elegant bottle was inspired by the work of early 18th century master glassmakers. This cuvée namesake means “Great Century” from the illustrious period of French history during the reign of King Louis XIV, called the Sun King. At that time, art de vivre reached its pinnacle and French gastronomy was born, ushering in the concept of vins de terroir and the first effervescent wines from Champagne.
The Grand Siècle is bright pale, gold in color with a very fine effervescence, persistent sparkle and stead stream of fine bubbles. The nose is fresh, intense and complex with notes of candied citrus developing into aromas of fresh pastry and toasted almonds, with subtle hints of honey and gingerbread. The palate is complex, marrying structure to finesse, resulting in a perfect balance between power and delicacy. This textured wine continues to develop on the palate and in the glass, showing notes of honey, hazelnut, and toasted brioche.
Analysis: 12% alcohol / volume
Varietal: 55% Chardonnay, 45% Pinot Noir:
- Grand Siècle Iteration Nº24 is made exclusively with 100% grand cru grapes from eleven of the most outstanding villages. These grapes are from exclusively hand-picked plots, selected from exceptional years and chosen for their complementary traits to provide structure, freshness and finesse in perfect harmony; Chardonnay always being the majority, with the balance being Pinot Noir:
- Chardonnay Grands Crus: Avize, Cramant, Chouilly, Oger and Le Mesnil-sur-Oger.
- Pinot Noir Grands Crus: Ambonnay, Bouzy, Verzy, Verzenay, Tours-sur-Marne and Mailly
- Grand Siècle Iteration Nº24 is always a blend of three complementary years, which have been declared vintages by Laurent-Perrier: 2007 (60%), 2006 (20%), and 2004 (20%) vintages:
- 2007: noted for its freshness, the Chardonnays are complex with aromas of white fruits and citrus and the Pinots Noirs open and fruity with a dominance of yellow fruit
- 2006: noted for its finesse with rich, complex Chardonnays and Pinots Noirs with red fruit aromas
- 2004: noted for its freshness and structure with fine, balanced Chardonnays and high quality Pinots Noirs
Vinification and Aging: The best Chardonnay and Pinot Noir wines are kept in reserve tanks in the dedicated Grand Siècle cuverie at Laurent-Perrier. After the base blend is crafted, it is put into bottles that will mature for up to 11 years on the lees in the cellar before disgorging.
Serving Temperature: Serve between 50ºF – 53.6ºF
Food Pairing: The creaminess and complexity of Grand Siècle perfectly complements refined dishes such as noble fish and lobster, or any dish with truffles or mushrooms.
- James Suckling – 97 Points
Laurent-Perrier is the largest independent, family-owned, woman-owned House in Champagne. Passed down from generation to generation, the house is now managed by Alexandra Pereyre de Nonancourt and Stéphanie Meneux de Nonancourt, daughters of the emblematic Bernard de Nonancourt. In 2014, Stéphane Dalyac joined the daughters as Chairman of the Management Board, and in 2019, Alexandra’s daughter, Lucie Pereye de Nonancourt joined the team representing Grand Siècle in France and worldwide. This successful hand-over between generations has given the winery the ability to craft traditional and elegant champagnes for over two centuries. Laurent-Perrier suits every occasion and offers a unique experience for all senses through their innovative and comprehensive range of champagnes. Learn more about their history here.
Love to collect amazing wines?
Learn more about our quarterly Collectors Club > click here