Herb Baked Chicken
- 2 lbs. chicken drumsticks, pat dried with paper towel
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp.kosher salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. If using aluminum foil, lightly coat with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the spices and set aside.
- Place the chicken drumsticks into a large bowl. Make sure they have already been pat dried with a paper towel. Add olive oil and using your hands, toss to coat.
- Sprinkle in the seasoning mix and using your hands again, toss the drumsticks making sure each piece is thoroughly coated with the seasoning.
- Arrange the drumsticks on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes. Then flip the drumsticks and roast for additional 25-30 minutes. If desired, broil for 2-3 minutes for extra crispy skin.
© Recipe courtesy of Little Broken.
MAY WINE CLUB:
Paso Robles, California
SILKY WINE STYLE
The growing season was exemplary for this white southern Rhône grape. The vines produced generous amounts of full clusters, which were thinned to heighten the quality and focus the intensity of these grapes. The resulting wine dances with bright acidity, white pepper, and enticing tropical fruit flavors. Aroma of lemon cream and green apple, with stone fruit, honeydew and hints of citrus on the palate.
Varietal: 100% Grenache Blanc
Analysis: 13.99% alcohol / volume
Appellation: Paso Robles, California
Vineyard: Pomar Junction Vineyard
TA: 6 g/L
Aging: 4 Months
Cooperage: Neutral Oak
Winemaker: Jim Shumate
Pairing: Herb crusted pork loin, herb roasted chicken, Waldorf salad, brie and Swiss cheeses. For adventurous pairings, try spaghetti with oysters, butternut squash soup, or rabbit in a mustard sauce.
Cases Produced: 188
Made entirely from hand-picked, estate-grown grapes from the hillsides of their Pomar Junction Vineyard with limestone shale rock soils. The cooling Templeton Gap breezes moderate summer temperatures and combine with their Linne Calado soils for ideal high-quality wine grape growing conditions.
ABOUT THE WINERY:
The Merrill Family has been growing and producing grapes in California’s Central Coast for the past eight generations. Today, Dana and Marsha Merrill, along with their son, Matthew, and winemaker, Jim Shumate farm the vineyards and produce elegant wines of their own. The finest blocks of grapes are selected from their family estate, along with vineyards in Santa Barbara and Monterey Counties managed by a sister firm, Mesa Vineyard Management, Inc. All wines produced are exclusively farmed by the Merrill’s who believe that control from planting and pruning through harvest, fermentation and cellaring is critical for success. Learn more here.
Information © Pomar Junction Vineyard & Winery – All Rights Reserved.
Join our WINE CLUB and enjoy these amazing wines and pairing recipes each month. Plus, you’ll receive 10% off all retail wine purchases!