PERFECT GRILLED SAUSAGE
- 1 pound (raw) fresh sausage links or brats of choice
- For serving, as desired: toasted brat buns or brioche buns, grilled peppers & onions, sauerkraut, mustard or Dijonnaise, ketchup, etc.
- For a Latin American flare, turn your grilled sausage into a Choripán by topping with a Chimichurri Sauce on a Crusty Baguette. Follow Hilah Johnson’s recipe here.
- Preheat the grill: Prepare your grill for indirect cooking, creating a zone of direct high heat & a second zone of indirect heat.
- Grill the sausage: Once the grill is hot, place the sausage directly on the indirect head side of the grill, arranging the sausage as close to the direct heat as possible without being directly over the flame. Close the lid & cook for 4-5 minutes. The heat from the direct heat side of the grill will circulate around the sausage, cooking them with really gentle indirect heat. After 4-5 minutes, flip the sausage, and cook over indirect heat for another 4-5 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of the sausage registers a temperature of 150 degrees F.
- Chargrill the sausage: Transfer the sausage to the direct heat. Grill 2-3 minutes per side, until charred as desired & the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. Transfer to a plate to rest & cool slightly before serving
- Serve the grilled sausage on a toasted bun with all of your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
© Recipe courtesy of Jess Larson at Plays well with Butter.
MAY WINE CLUB:
Casas del Toqui
Terroir Selection Alto Cachapoal
Gran Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon
Cachapoal Valley D.O., Chile
BOLD WINE STYLE
This Gran Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon is ruby red in color with aromas of cassis, spices, black fruits and notes of toffee and caramel. On the palate, the wine has good structure with a long and pleasant finish.
Varietal: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Analysis: 14.0% alcohol / volume
Region: Cachapoal D.O., Chile
Viticulture: Vertical espalier
Vinification: Fermentation at 80.6ºF-84.2ºF, post fermentation maceration and aged in oak barrels for 12 months
Closure: Natural Cork
Serving Suggestion: Serve between 60.8ºF-64.4ºF
Food Pairing: Serve with red meat, pork loins or sausage
ABOUT CASAS DEL TOQUI:
In 1994, Château Larose Trintaudon, a major French wine producer from the Bordeaux region, partnered with traditional wine producers from the Cachapoal region in Chile and together they founded Casas del Toqui. In 2010, the Court family recaptured their legacy, adding their own distinct and unique touch to this already elegant winery. Learn more here.