SAUTÉED SALMON WITH CITRUS & FENNEL SALT
- 2 – 6 ounce pieces of Salmon
- 1 tablespoon Bella Cucina Citrus & Fennel Savory Salt
- 2 tablespoons Bella Cucina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 wedge preserved lemon, rinsed and finely diced
- 1 handful organic pea sprouts or arugula greens
- Season salmon with Bella Cucina Citrus & Fennel Savory Salt.
- In a large sauté pan, heat with Bella Cucina Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium heat. Add the seasoned salmon, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp and browned (do not move while cooking to allow the skin to caramelize).
- Turn salmon over and cook on the other side until done, about an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from pan onto plate or platter. Garnish with diced lemon and organic pea sprouts.
NOTE: Bella Cucina products available at select WineStyles locations.
© Recipe courtesy of Bella Cucina.
JUNE WINE CLUB:
Santa Rita Hills, California
MELLOW WINE STYLE
This Pinot Noir has aromas of black and red cherries with subtle notes of olives, and leafy herbs. On the palate, it is rounded and elegant with exciting freshness. A pleasure to drink!
Varietal: 100% Pinot Noir
Analysis: 14.3% alcohol / volume
Region: Santa Rita Hills AVA
Vineyard: Kessler-Haak Vineyard
ABOUT THE VINEYARD:
Kessler-Haak, a 2.5-acre vineyard in Santa Rita Hills AVA, on California’s Central Coast of Santa Barbara is a privileged location perfect for producing some of the best Pinot Noirs in the new world. Close to the Pacific Ocean, the refreshing sea breeze cools the vineyards, while the sedimentary limestone soil, with patches of clay and sandy loam provide an ideal terroir for these grapes. This beautiful vineyard is managed with sustainable practices.
Kimberly Smith is the owner and winemaker of LaMontagne. She is a visionary and passionate business-woman with a tremendous love for Pinot Noir. In 2006, she began to plot her dream with the help of her mentor and winemaker, Wes Hagen (named “One of the 100 Most Influential winemakers in the USA in 2013”, according to Decanter.
Today, Kimberly works closely with her son, Alec, producing award-winning, sustainable, small lot Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays from Sta. Rita Hills. Learn more about the winery here.
Join our WINE CLUB and enjoy these amazing wines and pairing recipes each month. Plus, you’ll receive 10% off all retail wine purchases!