Butternut Squash Gratin
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter plus more for the baking dish
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove thinly sliced
- 1 ½ pounds (about 1 large) butternut squash peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and thinly sliced between 1/8 and 1/4 inch thick
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup fresh bread crumbs
- ¾ cup grated Comté cheese
- few chives finely chopped (optional)
NOVEMBER WINE CLUB:
Columbia Valley, Washington
SILKY WINE STYLE
From the Boushey and Carthage vineyards, the Grenache Blanc grapes were fermented and aged in stainless steel tanks and a single used Hungarian oak barrel. No malolactic fermentation and aged sur lees for 5 months.
Varietal: 100% Grenache Blanc
Analysis: 11.8% alcohol / volume
Total Acidity: 5.9 g/L
AVA: Columbia Valley
Vineyards: Boushey and Carthage
ABOUT THE WINERY:
Sonder wines are driven by simplicity and authenticity, creating wines that are minimally intervened to showcase each vineyard and the nuances that mother nature may bring to each vintage. They strive to create wines they love to drink: bright, playful, juicy and delicious. Learn more about the winery here.
Photos and information © Sonder Wines – All Rights Reserved.