Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
Easy Argentinian marinated flank steak with Chimichurri sauce is bursting with bold savory flavors and just a hint of heat.
• I ½ pounds flank steak
• ¼ cup oil
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• Juice of 1 lime
CHIMICHURRI SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
• ½ cup cilantro
• ½ cup parsley
• ½ onion, diced
• 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
• ¼ teaspoon pepper, or to taste
• 1 tablespoon garlic
• ½ teaspoon Italian blend seasoning
• ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• 1/3 cup oil
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
• Whisk together marinade ingredients. Combine marinade and steak in a large ziplock bag. Seal and chill for 30 minutes, or up to overnight.
• Combine all Chimichurri ingredients in a blender or food processor, and pulse until smooth.
• Preheat an oiled skillet or grill to medium-high heat. Sear steak for 6-8 minutes on each side until heavily browned on the outside and slightly pink in the middle.
• Thinly slice steak across the grain and serve with Chimichurri sauce on top.
© Recipe courtesy of www.LeCremeDaLaCrumb.com
APRIL WINE CLUB:
Napa Valley, California
BOLD WINE STYLE
‘Stickybeak’ is Australian slang for a nosey neighbor or to be overly inquisitive. Searching for the best sites that the California wine growing region has to offer, the vintners’ inquisitive search for the best expressions of the land produced this delicious Cabernet Sauvignon. The vintners’ objective was to create a seamless Cabernet Sauvignon, nothing over done, especially the oak. To achieve this, they sought vineyards from the valley floor in Rutherford, as well as Oak Knoll, and the Chiles Valley. The blend of earthy, fruit-driven Cabernet from the valley floor combined with chiseled hillside tannins and acidity is very appealing. This, along with a small parcel of Merlot, imparted the desired palate weight and texture.
“Typical Napa Valley floor notes of ripe dark fruits and cassis are complemented by lifted and high toned red berry notes from the higher elevations. Oak derived cedar and clove spice are on full display, but tempered by an impressive freshness. The palate is well structured with ripe tannins providing the frame for the blackberry, plum and vanilla flavors. The wine is medium bodied with a lovely natural balance and finishes with length and clarity.” – Bill Nancarrow, Winemaker
Winemaker: Bill Nancarrow
Appellation: Napa Valley, California
Varietal: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Analysis: 14.5% alcohol / volume
Critical Acclaim: Reviewed & approved by Doug Frost, Master Sommelier and Master of Wine.
Join our WINE CLUB and enjoy these amazing wines and pairing recipes each month. Plus, you’ll receive 10% off all retail wine purchases!