Mother’s Day is right around the corner, why not share a glass with Mom? She’ll enjoy this delicious Viognier, tasting note, pairing recipe and 4 complimentary tasting tickets (up to $80 value). ** click here to learn more **
Easy Shrimp with Spinach and Alfredo Sauce
• 1 bunch of fresh spinach or 10 ounces frozen, thawed and squeezed
• 2 tablespoons butter • 1 ½ pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined*
• 1 bunch green onions, sliced (with about 2 inches of the green). Or use ¼ cup of finely chopped shallots for a more delicate flavor.
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 envelope (approximately 1.2 ounces) dry Alfredo sauce mix
• ¾ cup light cream or evaporated milk • freshly ground black pepper to taste
• Shredded or Grated Parmesan Cheese
• Serve with hot cooked pasta of your choice (vermicelli or fettuccine), a simple tossed salad and toasted bread
• Wash the fresh spinach and trim it. If you are using frozen spinach, cook it as directed on the package. Squeeze as much moisture out of the cooked spinach as possible.
• Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the shrimp to the skillet along with the fresh or frozen thawed and squeezed spinach and green onions. Cook until shrimp is pink, stirring constantly. Add the minced garlic and cook for about 2 minutes longer.
• Sprinkle Alfredo sauce mix over the shrimp mixture and then stir to combine. Add the light cream and cook until heated through and thickened. Add freshly ground black pepper to taste.
• Serve along hot cooked pasta or boiled rice. Garnish with fresh, grated Parmesan cheese *
To thaw frozen shrimp quickly, put them in a colander and run cold water over them until thawed. Cook as directed. If you are using frozen cooked shrimp, thaw them and add them just before the dish is done. Heat through and serve with pasta and Parmesan.
© Photo by Diana Rattray, recipe courtesy of The Spruce Eats
Cline Family Cellars
Estate Grown Viognier
Sonoma Coast, California
From grape to glass, Cline is proud to be a Certified California Sustainable Vineyard and Winery, acknowledging their long-term commitment to continual improvement in the field of winegrowing and business practices. The grapes for this Viognier were grown in two of Cline’s vineyards, both in the Sonoma Coast appellation which has a world-renowned reputation for producing excellent fruit. The soil is mineral-rich and needs very little irrigation. The vines are bathed in the early morning fog and warmed by the afternoon sun. Viognier grapes are late to ripen and picking them at the right time is crucial to the grape quality. These grapes were hand-harvested in the morning to retain freshness. Cline’s star winemaker is a master at the art of making stylish and cool-climate varietal wines, bringing out the best character in the fruit.
“Our Viognier offers distinct aromas of pear, apricot, orange blossom and honeysuckle with a fresh, bright demeanor. Serve this wine slightly chilled, and enjoy with salmon, shrimp fettuccine, or cayenne chicken salad.” – Charlie Tsegeletos, Winemaker
Winemaker: Charlie Tsegeletos
Appellation: Sonoma Coast, California
Varietal Blend: Viognier
Analysis: 15.0% alcohol/volume
Critical Acclaim: Reviewed and approved by Doug Frost, Master Sommelier and Master of Wine