Pairing Recipe for Ananoa White Blend
Catalan Shrimp with Paprika
• 4 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1/2 lbs ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
• 12 large, raw shrimp, peeled or not
• 1 tsp Paprika
• olive oil
• salt & pepper, to taste
• Add olive oil to sauté pan, on medium heat. Add tomatoes and stir for 1 minute. Add garlic cloves, paprika, salt and pepper to taste. Allow to simmer for 4 minutes. If pan is dry, add some white wine and lemon juice.
• Add shrimp and cover pan. Lower heat to medium-low. After 4 minutes, shrimp should be pink and cooked.
• Serve immediately with crusty bread.
Encomienda de Cervera
Ananoa White Blend
Established in 1758, Encomienda de Cervera takes great care of their vineyards, resulting in grapes of the best quality, without losing identity and tradition. Established at the turn of the 19th Century, the winery has been restored, expanded, and modernized, always respecting the environment, and improving the quality of their wines. In order to choose the best soil for each varietal, extensive edaphologic studies were performed on the soils to select among the best volcanic, clay-calcareous vineyards at the estate. The unique terroir and micro-climate makes this wine different and special. The volcanic soil contributes to the mineral expression and the refreshing acidity in the wine. This wine was fermented in stainless steel tanks, and aged for 6 months on its lees to obtain a higher complexity. Everything is blended in perfect balance and flavors.
“Medium straw yellow in color, floral note aroma with white fruit, like gooseberries and hints of aromatic herbs. Mineral palate, elegant and complex with a refreshing acidity and a long creamy finish.” – Horten Espinosa, owner
Appellation: Campo de Calatrava, Almagro
IGP (Protected Geographic Indication): Vino de la Tierra de Castilla
Varietal Blend: Chardonnay, Verdejo, Sauvignon Blanc
Soil: Clay and stony soil with a smooth layer of volcanic origin
Analysis: 12.6% alcohol / volume
Critical Acclaim: Bronze Decanter, Silver in Mundus Vini and Bruxelles