Simple Seafood Bisque
- 1 lb. crawfish meat (or more shrimp and crab if unable to find)
- 1.5 lb shrimp meat
- ½ lb crab meat
- 1 lb unsalted butter
- 1 bunch green onions (white and green parts), finely chopped
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 qt heavy cream
- 1 qt half and half
- 1 16oz can creamed corn
- 1 ½ tsp Tony’s Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tsp salt, to taste
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- In a large pot, melt butter and saute onions.
- Sprinkle the flour over the butter and onions and stir until flour is fully incorporated.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve with white wine and a good loaf of sour dough bread.
© Recipe courtesy of Holly Erickson & Natalie Mortimer of The Modern Proper.
MARCH WINE CLUB:
SILKY WINE STYLE
Straw yellow in color, the Ribolla Gialla has a nose that is delicate and well expressed with notes of wild flowers, herbs, and grapefruit. The palate is slightly sour, fresh and has an elegant mouth feel.
Varietal: Ribolla Gialla
Analysis: 12.5% alcohol / volume
Serving Temperature: 50ºF-53.6ºF
Food Pairings: Pair with cold appetizers with sour or sweet sauces, cream soups, vegetables, main courses, and fish dishes.
Passed down from generation to generation, the Reguta winery has been producing excellent wines in the Italian region of Friuli-Venezia Giulia since 1928. Second and third generations – Giuseppe and Luigi Anselmi and their sons continue the family’s traditions while expanding their high quality products. Located near the Adriatic Sea, the vineyards benefit from dry summers and mild winters, allowing the winery to produce a variety of both native and international grapes.