TAGLIATELLE WITH SPRING PEAS AND PRESERVED LEMON CREAM
- 1/3 cup Bella Cucina Tuscan Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone Cheese
- 6 oz. Bella Cucina Preserved Lemon Cream
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Parmigiano-Reggiano shavings
- 1 lb. peas (blanched, fresh or frozen)
- 1 lb. Tagliatelle or other pasta (choose a high quality durum wheat pasta)
NOTE: Bella Cucina products available at select WineStyles locations
- In a large pot, bring 4 quarts of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix together the lemon cream, mascarpone cheese, olive oil, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the bowl with the lemon cream mixture.
- Toss with peas and serve, topped with Parmigiano-Reggiano shavings.
© Recipe courtesy of Bella Cucina.
JUNE WINE CLUB:
M by Martellotto
Santa Rita Hills, California
RICH WINE STYLE
“If you love baked apples, you’ll love this wine. I followed the Burgundian tradition to capture the youthful vivacity and acidity in the wine. The focus here is a purity of Chardonnay fruit expression. There is a moderately low alcohol, light oak influence and a pure fruity flavor of pineapple, Granny Smith Apples, and Honey Crisp Apples. The wine is just a delight to drink and share. Drink now and through 2027.” – Winemaker, Greg Mortellotto
Vineyard: Spear Vineyard
Fermentation: 100% barrel fermented
Aging: 100% French oak barrels for 6 months, with monthly lees stirring – oak barrels were mainly second and third use, allowing only a small amount of oak, toast and vanilla flavoring on this wine.
Production: Only 350 cases produced.
ABOUT MARTELLOTTO WINERY:
The Martellotto family roots trace back to a 17th century winery in Alberobello in Puglia, Italy. Over four centuries later, winemaker Greg Martellotto continues his family’s viticultural legacy, by making enticing, vibrant wines that speak to his own viticultural passion. From his ancestors’ traditional winemaking in Southern Italy, to his grandfather’s homemade wine during Prohibition, to production in an innovative warehouse facility shared with Barbieri Wine Co. and Lo-Fi wines, Martellotto Winery produces remarkable wines of consequence, consistency, value, and varietal expression. With each bottle, it is the Martellotto family’s desire to share extraordinary, artisanal wines. Learn more about the winery here.
Join our WINE CLUB and enjoy these amazing wines and pairing recipes each month. Plus, you’ll receive 10% off all retail wine purchases!