Roasted Mushrooms with Herbs
Nice side dish with Thanksgiving turkey and the perfect pairing for Bourgogne Rouge.
• ¾ pound cremini mushrooms, washed and sliced
• ¼ pound shiitake mushrooms, washed and sliced
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
• ¼ cup olive oil
• ½ cup loosely packed fresh herbs such as chives, thyme, marjoram, and flat-leaf parsley, minced
• Sour cream, for garnish
• Heat the oven to 475°F.
• Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Toss the mushrooms in a large bowl with a generous amount of salt and pepper and the olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes, then toss the mushrooms once, and return to the oven. Roast for an additional 10 minutes, or until they are dark and slightly shrunken.
• Return the roasted mushrooms to the bowl. Taste and add more salt and pepper if necessary. Toss with the herbs, then transfer to a serving dish and top with a dollop of sour cream. Serve immediately. © Photo and recipe courtesy of Faith Durand at TheKitchn.com
Driven by a tireless hunt for elusive sites where Pinot Noir shines, Maison L’Envoyé (House of the Messenger) traverses the globe with the intention of presenting the acme of terroir and winemaking styles. Côte d’Or is Burgundy’s ‘golden slope’ that is a south-east facing escarpment with an essential aspect in this continental climate. A cold, wet summer provided a slow start to the season. Grapes were hand-picked in mid-September and matured in neutral French oak for 12 months to meld flavors and preserve fresh aromatics without imparting dominant oak.
“Sourced from three growers situated around Beaune and the Hautes Cote plus a component of 1’er Cru Savigny ‘les Marconnects’. Raspberry aromas, hints of clove, and classic floral perfumes lead, followed by crunchy red fruits, silky grape tannins and a nervy, acid backbone. Begs for charcuterie.” – Mark Tarvlo, Co-Founder
Appellation: Côte d’Or, Burgundy, France
Varietal Blend: 100% Pinot Noir
Analysis: 13.0% alcohol / volume; 3.3 pH; 5.4 g/l Total Acidity
Critical Acclaim: Reviewed and approved by Doug Frost, Master Sommelier and Master of Wine