• 1 pound shrimp
• 1/3 cup butter
• 3-4 tablespoons minced garlic
• 1 shallot (chopped)
• ½ teaspoon oregano
• ¼ teaspoon cayenne
• ¼ cup white wine (crisp, such as Sauvignon Blanc)
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 large tomato (chopped into medium sized pieces)
• ¼ cup fresh parsley (chopped)
• Rinse shrimp, devein, remove tails and cut in half if using very large shrimp.
• In a large frying pan, heat butter over medium heat. Cook garlic and shallot for 2-4 minutes.
• Add shrimp, oregano, cayenne, wine and lemon juice and cook until shrimp are pink, about 1-2 minutes per side depending on size.
• Add tomatoes and parsley and cook another minute to bring tomatoes to correct temperature. Adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
• Serve over fresh pasta and garnish with parsley sprig and thin slice of lemon. Serve with side salad.
© Recipe courtesy of Yummly, Linda Warren.
JANUARY WINE CLUB PAIRING:
SILKY WINE STYLE
One of the country’s most famous valleys, the Colchagua Valley is set at the heart of the central valley and the icon of wine production in Chile. It’s a fairly new wine-producing region, but quickly gaining reputation as Chile’s ‘Napa Valley’. Sandwiched between the Andes Mountains and the Coastal Mountain range, the Colchagua Valley’s volcanic and granite soils merge with a Mediterranean climate. The vineyards are situated in the hills of a sub-region that combines the freshness of the Pacific with the vibrant minerality of the quartz and granite soils. The grapes macerate in pneumatic press for five hours before starting to extract the drained must, this is cleaned by cold system, before starting the alcoholic fermentation. 80% of the wine was aged four months in stainless steel tanks in contact with lees and 20% in contact with French oak barrels.
Winemaker: Vicente Johnson
Appellation: Cachapoal Valley, Chile
Varietal: 85% Sauvignon Blanc, 15% Semillon
Analysis: 13.5% alcohol / volume
Critical Acclaim: Reviewed & approved by Doug Frost, Master Sommelier and Master of Wine.
Join our WINE CLUB and enjoy these amazing wines and pairing recipes each month. Plus, you’ll receive 10% off all retail wine purchases, 4 free tasting tickets and special discounts to attend wine tasting events, classes and more!