• 1 1/3 lb halibut cut in 4 pieces or baked whole
• 2 tablespoons olive oil (reserve 1 TBS)
• fresh ground black pepper
• Kosher salt to taste
• ¼ cup red onion finely diced
• 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
• ¼ cup Spanish olives halved
• ¼ cup Kalamata olives halved
• ½ cup parsley chopped
• zest of 1 lemon
• Preheat the oven to 425°F.
• Using 1 tablespoon of olive oil, brush the fish on both sides with the oil and season with salt and pepper and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
• Place the fish in the oven and bake for about 8-10 minutes, until the fish is opaque in the center.
• While the fish cooks, heat the remaining olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
• Add the red onion, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft, about 2 minutes.
• Add the tomatoes, season with a little salt and pepper, and cook for another 2 minutes until it just started to wilt and release juices.
• Stir in the olives, parsley and lemon zest and transfer the sauce to a bowl.
• To serve, place the halibut on a plate, top with the olive and tomato mixture. Serve immediately. © Recipe courtesy of Vintners Alliance.
FEBRUARY WINE CLUB PAIRING:
Robert Eden Collection
SILKY WINE STYLE
Robert Eden, co-owner and winemaker of Château Maris, is recognized worldwide for his commitment to sustainable and organic viticulture. The Robert Eden Collection is his latest project, made with organic grapes from the Languedoc region in the South of France. Year-round sunshine and high winds provide a dry environment, naturally keeping away pests and vine diseases. This makes for perfect conditions for organic agriculture and beautifully balanced, ripe grapes. Robert selects the best vineyards and hand-crafts each wine to bring out the purest expression of Chardonnay grapes.
“Yellow straw color. Aromas of baked apple, phyllo pastry, butter cream, dried pineapple, and dried sage with a satin, soft, dry yet-fruity, light-to-medium body and a smooth, buoyant vanilla, cream finish with a suggestion of oak flavor. An easy-drinking Chardonnay with toasty notes of pastry and baked apples. Pairs well with everyday cooking, grilled food, mixed salads, Asian-inspired dishes or enjoy as aperitif.” – Robert Eden, Winemaker
Winemaker: Robert Eden
Appellation: Languedoc, France
Analysis: 12.5% alcohol / volume
Critical Acclaim: Silver Medal, World Wine Championship 2019
Join our WINE CLUB and enjoy these amazing wines and pairing recipes each month. Plus, you’ll receive 10% off all retail wine purchases, 4 free tasting tickets and special discounts to attend wine tasting events, classes and more!