• 1 TBS crushed garlic
• ¾ cup olive oil
• 1 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
• 2 TBS fresh thyme, roughly chopped
• 1 ¼ cups parsley leaves, roughly chopped
• ¾ cup mint, roughly chopped
*Please note herbs are used in 2 parts of this recipe
• 1 ½ pounds hanger steak (butchers steak)
• 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
• 1 tsp lemon juice
• 1 tsp honey
• 4 TBS olive oil (split into 2 TBS each)
• Kosher salt to taste • freshly cracked pepper
• 2 fennel bulbs, cored and cut into wedges
• 2 large tomatoes, cut into 6 wedges each
• 3 ounces feta large dice
• Blend garlic, olive oil, cilantro, 1 cup parsley, thyme and ½ cup mint in a blender until smooth, pour over steak and let marinate in refrigerator for 3 hours. Whisk vinegar, lemon juice, and honey in a small bowl. Gradually drizzle in 2 Tbsp. olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
• Prepare a grill for medium-high heat. Remove steak from marinade; season with salt and pepper. Grill until nicely browned and thermometer reads 125℉ for medium-rare, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board; let rest at least 10 minutes before slicing against the grain.
• Meantime, toss fennel and remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large bowl; season with salt. Grill fennel on cut sides until charred and slightly soft, about 2-3 minutes per side. Return to bowl, drizzle with vinaigrette, and toss to coat. Let cool slightly, then gently toss in tomatoes, feta, and remaining ¼ cup parsley and ¼ cup mint. Serve salad alongside the steak.© Recipe courtesy of Vintners Alliance.
FEBRUARY WINE CLUB PAIRING:
MELLOW WINE STYLE
Robert Eden, co-owner and winemaker of Château Maris, is recognized worldwide for his commitment to sustainable and organic viticulture. The Robert Eden Collection is his latest project, made with organic grapes from the Languedoc region in the South of France. Year-round sunshine and high winds provide a dry environment, naturally keeping away pests and vine diseases. This makes for perfect conditions for organic agriculture and beautifully balanced, ripe grapes. Robert selects the best vineyards and hand-crafts each wine to bring out the purest expression of Cabernet Sauvignon. The organic grapes were de-stemmed and then fermented in concrete tanks under temperature control. Aging involves some large wooden tanks for part of the blend.
“Dark ruby color. Sweet aromas of creme de cassis, kirsch, orange zest, and magnolia with a silky, vibrant, fruity medium-body and a silky, medium-length herbal tea finish with light oak flavor. A pure and simple cabernet sauvignon with sweet aromatics and a lightly herbal palate. Supple and generous wine, will go well with pizza, pasta, and everyday food.” – Robert Eden, Winemaker
Winemaker: Robert Eden
Appellation: Languedoc, France
Varietal: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Analysis: 12.5% alcohol / volume
Critical Acclaim: Silver Medal, 2019 World Wine Championship
Join our WINE CLUB and enjoy these amazing wines and pairing recipes each month. Plus, you’ll receive 10% off all retail wine purchases, 4 free tasting tickets and special discounts to attend wine tasting events, classes and more!