TENDER LAMB CHOPS
• Two 1 ½-pound (8-bone) lamb racks, cut into double-cut chops
• Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• Preheat the oven to 375 F.
• Season the lamb chops liberally on both sides with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
• Place a large oven-safe roasting pan over high heat and add the olive oil. Place the lamb chops in the pan, meaty-side down. Cook until golden brown, 2 minutes per side.
• Cover the pan with foil and transfer to the oven. Roast for 10 minutes for medium-rare; 20 minutes for well-done. Let the chops rest for 3 minutes before serving.
Syrah is an unsung hero in Santa Ynez. Grapes for this exquisite wine are from the forty-year old Zaca Mesa vineyard, which are the oldest Syrah vines in Santa Barbara County. Truly art in a bottle, this Syrah is bold, approachable and full of verve. Martellotto wines are expertly crafted and carefully blended from personally sourced grapes from the central coast of California. An active member of the Santa Barbara Vintners Association, Martellotto Winery understands the importance of being a responsible winemaker and institutes sustainable winemaking practices and processes whenever possible. From Greg’s winemaking roots in Italy, (and his nonno’s New York basement wine during Prohibition), to production in California’s Central Coast, Martellotto wines remain consistently vibrant and a joy to share.
“This epic example of Syrah offers flavors of blackberry, ripe plum, dried violets, cocoa, white pepper, and fresh sage. A touch of vanilla and toasted oak balance the hedonistic finish.” – Greg Martellotto, winemaker
Winemaker: Greg Martellotto
Appellation: Santa Ynez Valley, California
Analysis: 14.1% alcohol / volume
Critical Acclaim: Reviewed and approved by Doug Frost, Master Sommelier and Master of Wine