Grilled Peach, Chicken and Ricotta Pizza
- two 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 peaches, halved
- 1 red onion, peeled
- extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- one 8-ounce ball of store-bought pizza dough
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- fresh basil leaves, for serving
- Brush the chicken breasts, peaches and onion with olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the peaches and onion until they are charred and tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Grill the chicken until it is cooked through, 9 to 11 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 475°F. Thinly slice the peaches, onion and chicken; set aside.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the pizza dough until it is ½-inch thick. Place the dough on a baking sheet and top with the ricotta, peaches, onion, chicken and Parmesan.
- Bake until the crust is golden and crisp, 15 to 17 minutes. Cool 10 minutes, then garnish with fresh basil leaves.
© Recipe courtesy of Erin McDowell from Pure Wow.
AUGUST WINE CLUB:
Paso Robles, California
SILKY WINE STYLE
The Sidetrack White is a blend of Rhône grapes grown in the El Pomar District of Paso Robles, California. On the nose, there are scents of white peach, spiced pear, and orange blossoms. The palate is well balanced and tropical. This wine can be enjoyed on its own or enhance various meals.
Region: El Pomar District AVA
Analysis: 14.2% alcohol / volume
Residual Sugar: 0.61%
The Merrill Family has been growing and producing grapes in California’s Central Coast for the past eight generations. Today, Dana and Marsha Merrill, along with their son, Matthew, and winemaker, Jim Shumate farm the vineyards and produce elegant wines of their own. The finest blocks of grapes are selected from their family estate, along with vineyards in Santa Barbara and Monterey Counties managed by a sister firm, Mesa Vineyard Management, Inc. All wines produced are exclusively farmed by the Merrill’s who believe that control from planting and pruning through harvest, fermentation and cellaring is critical for success. Learn more here.